- PDPU has been established by an Act of the Gujarat Legislature, on 4th April, 2007.
- PDPU has been recognized under section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956 on 11th July, 2014.
- Approved by All India Council of Technical Education (Grant of Approval for Technical Institutions) on 30.04.2016
- Government of India, Ministry of Science and Technology, Department of Scientific and Industrial Research has accorded recognition to Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU), Gandhinagar as Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) on 1st September, 2011.
- PDPU has got ISO 9001:2008 certification for Design, Development & Delivery of Higher Education Programmes & Training on 5th February, 2015.
- PDPU has been recognized by Association of Indian Universities on 31st July, 2012.
To be an internationally renowned and respected institution imparting excellent education and training based upon the foundation of futuristic research and innovations in the broad context of business and specific to energy & infrastructure sector.