On joining the School, every student is assigned to a Faculty Advisor. Students are expected to consult the Faculty Advisor on matters relating to their academic performance and the courses they may take in various semesters. The role of Faculty Advisor is to extend guidance to students, enabling them to complete their courses of study in a smooth and satisfactory manner.
Specific role of Faculty Adviser includes:
- Guidance about the rules and regulations governing the courses of study.
- Registration of students for courses, within the scope of the regulations.
- Special attention to weak students, including making revised plan of study for weak/bright students based on their academic performance.
- Providing moral support to students in academic, emotional, and social/adjustment issues.
- Organizing Open House for parents or legal guardians to discuss the progress, grievances or issues of students.
- Monitoring the attendance of students from time to time in respective classes. Informing respective faculties and Director SPT about students with poor attendance.
- Monitor and review academic progress of students on regular basis.
- Encourage the students to participate in workshops, conferences, seminars, expert lectures, and participating in paper/poster presentations.
- Suggest books, journals, articles, websites, videos, or other resources to students.
- Suggest certification courses to students for overall development. Encourage students to take up projects and research studies.
- Encourage students to appear in competitive exams.
- Filing necessary paperwork on students and facilitate meetings with other faculty members.
- Sharing the progress and problems of respective students with concerned faculty members to make them aware of students needs.
- Help students maintain a balance between academic and co-curricular aspects of student life.
- Discussion about student progress with DirectorSPT as and when required.